Marcel Wanders wins lawsuit
The furniture store must immediately stop trading in the imitations and give the earnings made from the sale of the lamp to Wanders.
Wanders originally designed the lamp in 1988. Since 1998 the lamp has been available through Italian design label Cappellini. The Big Shadow lamp is so popular that since then there have already been numerous attempts to copy it. The well known product and interior designer is also looking at suing four other parties. Wanders' company is proactive in protecting copyright of his designs. 'Copiers watch out: stay away from Marcel Wanders designs!', said the designer.
A spokesperson from Loods 5 said that the company had not copied the lamp themselves. 'We don't wish to be known as a place for copied work'. According to the furniture store the copies have been removed, saying they didn't know that they were Wanders designs.
Photo: Shadow by Marcel Wanders (Cappellini). Part of photo Lute suites Sebastiaan Westerweel.
Points of sale
( 3 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites