In a true collaboration between the worlds of design and fashion, invited designers will demonstrate live the creative process on site by reinventing the way a process or material is typically employed.
Design Miami/ and Fendi present “Craft Punk”, a series of design performances at Spazio Fendi during Salone del Mobile.
For the first time, Design Miami/ is curating an event outside its own territories in a unique partnership with FENDI. “Craft Punk” will expand on the Design performance programme that is a highlight of Design Miami/.
“Craft Punk” will transform the 750m2 Spazio FENDI into an active environment for social interaction, unruly intellectual enquiry and action based design processes by inviting emerging designers to work within traditional or hand-made craft methods.
The designers can use discarded materials from the FENDI production process, such as Selleria leather, branded fabrics, plastic decorative elements, and metal hardware.
The Design Performances will bring together music, video, live demonstrations and conversation in celebration of the importance of originality, creativity and freedom of expression in design.
22-24 April 2009
Address: Spazio Fendi, Via Sciesa 3, 20135 Milan
Opening times: 16.00 until 20.00 daily
Image: Studio Glithero
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites