Concrete Wins Top Honours
At the European Hotel Design Awards 2011, Concrete won “Best Restaurant Design” for Spice Market, an Asian fusion eatery in the W Hotel Leicester Square.
Concrete designed the space to capture the magic - colours, flavours and fragrances - of Asian cuisine. A 2 storey, 24 meter long spice cabinet is the centre-piece of the restaurant.
The new building in Leicester Square, London has a contemporary architectural style and is very different to the original Spice Market restaurant based in New York. Using gold mesh sliding screens, brass screen lanterns, jatoba timber flooring and cozy booths the styles have stayed coherent.
The restaurant is a two-level space connected by the grand iconic birdcage-staircase and a central void in the mezzanine floor, transporting the energy from the kitchen into the entire space. Guests can settle on both floors and choose from a wide variation of seats: cocktail bar, sushi bar and lounge seating on the ground floor and restaurant seating with an open kitchen on the mezzanine floor.
Monumental brass lanterns with laser-cut patterns give a warm and soft glow and shed an extraordinary decorative light throughout the restaurant area. Another eccentric light creation can be found when looking up into an endless sea of wok lamps hanging from the ceiling.
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites