From 11 February to 3 June 2012 the Audax Textielmuseum Tilburg will be the first museum to present a large solo exhibition of the work of designer Christien Meindertsma (1980).
The central theme in her work is the examination of the origin of products.
What can you make from the wool of one sheep? What products are made from one pig or what does one plot of flax yield precisely? Christien Meindertsma meticulously examines the how and the why behind these questions. She feels that the consumer is too estranged from the origin of everyday things. Her research results in new projects and products in which she frequently involves traditional and local businesses.
Recent projects that will be premiered at the exhibition include “One sheep sweater 2011”, “Wild bone china” and “Wild tea herbarium”. This is the first time that the “49 Prairie Plants” project is on show in the Netherlands.
For more info click here
Image: Sheepfold in Aarle-Rixtel, project 'One sheep sweater' Christien Meindertsma 2010; photo: Roel van Tour
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites