A Nomination and a Win for Dutch Design
Gijs Bakker and Irma Boom riding high.
Gijs Bakker has been awarded with the Andrea Palladio International Jewellery Award in the category “Best International Jewellery Designer”.
The prestigious prize was awarded by a jury, presided over by Maestro Gianmaria Buccellati.
The award was presented to Gijs on Saturday, May 19 in Vicenza, Italy during the opening of Vicenzaoro Spring 2012.
Diane Pernet was there.
Irma Boom was nominated for the “Amsterdam Prize” in the “proven quality” category along with musician Corrie van Binsbergen and actor Sabri Saad El Hamus.
The jury says: “For Irma Boom design is a search for renewal in shape, structure and content. In this way she wants to maintain vitality in her work and continue her own development. She does this with great success which radiates outwards towards others.”
Image: The Cry (2010), brooch, silver, 51 diamonds.
Points of sale
( 1 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites